With some 238 million members worldwide, it’s time to breathe life back into your LinkedIn profile. Learning to leverage this leading social media site is essential to building your professional network and grow your business.
Keep in mind that Google loves LinkedIn. A Google search on most people will show their LinkedIn profile in the top position. You don’t want your customer driven to a lifeless profile.
Mike O’Neil and Lori Ruff, The LinkedIn Rockstars at RockLinkedIn.com, have created a simple and effective guide to optimizing your LinkedIn profile.
I’ve summarized some of their key takeaways for you.
✩Here’s your how-to list to improve your LinkedIn profile today✩
1) Headline: Your profile headline is the first thing people see along with your profile photo so make it count!
- Don’t use the default titles. Be creative! Do you have some bragging rights? Add them in here.
- Use keywords and phrases relevant to your industry.
- My favorite tip from The LinkedIn Rockstars – use special characters like this ✸ to accentuate your text.
2) Profile Pic: Should go without saying, use an up-to-date professional headshot.
3) Summary: The summary is not about you, it’s about your audience.
- Write in the first person.
- Give your audience value, solutions, passion, and purpose.
- End with a “Call To Action” like “Call me at…” or “Email me at…”
4) Experience: Don’t resume dump and run!
- List relevant paid and unpaid employment since college.
- Describe what the company does, who they serve, and where they serve.
- Describe your position and what made you stand out.
5) Education: Along with your college experience, list other trainings and coursework.
6) Web Sites: You get 3 URL’s.
- The website labels to choose from are rather boring.
- You can rename the label on each link to something more exciting.
- Choose “Other” in the drop-down menu, then add your own text for the link.
7) Interests: Show the audience who you are!
- List personal and professional interests.
- Use single words or short phrases and separate by commas to create links.
8) LinkedIn Groups: Join at least 25 groups in your area, profession, and groups that appeal to your personal interests.
9) Recommendations: At least 10 recommendations from clients and former employers. Keep them short and sweet, about 3-4 sentences.
10) Skills: Keywords will help create your list and help with endorsements.
Revisit your profile often and update frequently. Social media is active and dynamic. Keep your audience interested with fresh updates, valuable information, and authentic engagement.
Why Use AMPI?
AMPI is the national association of real estate professionals that have, since 1956, gathered under laws and codes of ethics and conduct to create a reliable, trustworthy an efficient real estate environment in Mexico.
AMPI consists of separate autonomous sections all throughout the nation, as well as more than 4,000 associates and affiliates. Each section is independent and has its own board of directors, only surpassed by a national board of directors comprised of twenty associates from all over the republic.
Developed over the years with the input and knowledge of its members, AMPI is much more than just a collection of offices. AMPI has been a solid and recognized institution in Mexico for the past 27 years. It was originally established in 1956 and was consolidated in 1980. AMPI is currently represented in all the principle cities and regions of Mexico stretching from Tijuana to Cancun.
The Riviera Nayarita, Vallarta and Compostela chapters of AMPI are dedicated to promote the best practices in real estate by providing its members with education to reinforce the standards of ethics that give our industry the credibility which our clients deserve.
AMPI is committed to giving our membership access to a multiple listing service that forms the platform from which our industry can expand locally and into other markets while giving our members precise and up to date information that is vital to continuous improvement and growth.